[pictured (1) : Roger McGough, with LITTLe MaCHINe; photo by Nick Wright;
pictured (2) : the ‘Fun in the Square’ event, at a previous Causley Festival]
STOP PRESS: Lulu Allison’s talk on Saturday 2nd June at noon in Launceston Guildhall is CANCELLED. Click HERE for the full announcement.
2018’s annual Charles Causley Festival (our 9th one!) is under way, with an attractive and varied programme offering something for everyone. It’s running from the evening of Thursday 31 May and throughout the following weekend — until the evening of Sunday 3 June, 2018.
Scroll down this page to find out the key things you need to know about the Festival, with some hot-links to go into further detail…
Our headline opening attraction for this year is the well-known and well-loved poet and broadcaster Roger McGough — accompanied by LiTTLe MaCHiNe, firm Festival favourites who have supported headline poets in previous Causley Festivals. This event is kindly sponsored by WBW Solicitors — CLICK HERE to visit their website.
Other highlights of this year’s Causley Festival ‘long weekend’ include:
* readings and talks — about Charles Causley, Launceston, poetry and other literary forms, art, current affairs, and nature
* practical writers’ workshops, for a number of writing genres — some with follow-up ‘salon’ reading sessions
* music performances — solo and group, across a range of styles and genres
* theatre productions, including puppetry
* cinema showings — mainstream commercial, and local films
* practical art workshops
* themed, guided walks around Launceston
* art exhibitions
* plus an ‘all-day-Saturday’ music and food fest, with food and drink market stalls, plus music and theatre performances.
For a full listing of the 2018 Festival’s programme arranged by date and time, please CLICK HERE .
For a full listing of the 2018 Festival’s programme arranged by theme and type, please CLICK HERE .
You can see fuller details of each event or attraction through the above listing pages — and also book your tickets from each individual event’s sub-page. (Please note that some free events may still require booking, because of space limitations.)
You can download and print your own copy of the full Festival brochure if you CLICK HERE . [Please note that this is a PDF document, and because it has many full-colour visuals, it’s very large — 6.7MB.]
General information on booking for the Charles Causley Festival’s events
Tickets for the 2018 Festival are available online, by telephone and in person. You can book from:
* The Cornish Riviera Box Office (CRBO), online: CLICK HERE to go that external website, and then scroll down for the specific events that you want.
* The Launceston Tourist Information Centre (TIC): White Hart Arcade, Broad Street, Launceston, PL15 8AA. The TIC’s usual opening hours are 9.00am-5.00pm Mondays through Fridays, and 10.00am-4.00pm Saturdays. Tel.: 01566 772321. You can also e-mail the TIC to reserve tickets through: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Tickets purchased by e-mail through the TIC can either be collected in person during opening hours, or they can be posted to an address of your choice (if time allows before the event, and at normal postage cost).
Tickets for many Festival events may also be sold ‘on the door’, at the venues — however, this is subject to availability .
Please note that all ticket prices are inclusive of any booking fees — and also that some free events need to be booked in the normal manner, in order to reserve your place.
To visit the town’s Discover Launceston tourism website, with wider information on things like accommodation, eating and drinking, other attractions and events, etc., please CLICK HERE .
And finally, “Watch this space! ” — for more news and general updates about the 2018 Festival’s programme.