As well as all the many talks, poetry readings, music/film/theatre performances, the Charles Causley Centenary Festival for 2017 offers its usual treasure-trove of open exhibitions and street events — primarily over the period of the main Festival weekend’, Thursday 1st – Monday 5th June. Here are the individual details for all such attractions that are confirmed, so far (and with hot-links for you to click on to see further details, wherever possible).
A map of venues in the town centre can be seen if you click HERE .
* A celebration of Charles Causley — an evening of poetry and music, at Waterstone’s bookshop, Truro : Tues. 22nd March at 7.00pm
* ‘Wine and Wisdom Quiz’ night — fun and fundraising at Jericho’s, Sunday: Fri. 24th March at 7.00pm
* ‘Cornish Art at Home’ : a private viewing (open house/garden), at Broadwoodwidger: Sun. May 14th, from 2.30pm
* Penheale open garden event , near Egloskerry: Sun. 21st May from 2.00pm
* ‘Words into Blossom’ flower festival , at St. Mary Magdalene Parish Church, Church Street, Launceston; Fri. 2nd – Sun. 4th June (10.00am – 4.00pm); free entry, and no need to book
* The Charles Causley Centenary Children’s Art Competition : display at Specsavers, Town Square, Launceston
* Gwyngalla arts and crafts exhibition , at the Liberty Suite/Jericho’s Kitchen, Northgate, Launceston: Fri. 2nd – Sun. 4th June (10.00am – 4.00m); free entry, and no need to book
* ‘From Eden Rock to Brexit’ — art exhibition at the Terre Verte Gallery, Altarnun: Fri. 2nd June – Fri. 14th July (10.00am – 5.00pm); free entry, and no need to book
* 100 displayed objects, from Swanskin Printmakers , all around Launceston: all day (and in some cases, 24 hours); free, and no need to book
* ‘Cornwall 365’ exhibition, at Launceston Town Hall: Thurs. 1st – Mon. 5th June (10.00am – 4.00pm); free entry, and no need to book — n.b.: linked to a talk of the same title by Fiona Wootton, on Friday at 2.00pm
* Exhibition by Flowerpatch Quilters , on themes from Causley’s poem ‘I am the Song’, St. Thomas Church, riverside: Thurs. 1st – Mon. 5th June (time t.b.c, but probably any reasonable time during daylight hours); free entry, and no need to book
and, last but not least…
* the Festival food and drink market (‘The Best of Cornwall’, with entertainment!) — Launceston Town Square and environs: Thurs. 1st – Mon. 5th June (10.00am – 10.00pm); free, and no need to book