[pictured at left: Roger McGough, with LITTLe MaCHINe; photo by Nick Wright;
pictured at right: the ‘Fun in the Square’ event, at a previous Causley Festival]
2018’s annual Charles Causley Festival (the 9th!) is on its way, with an attractive and varied programme offering something for everyone. It runs from the evening of Thursday 31 May until the evening of Sunday 3 June, 2018.
Our headline opening attraction for this year is the well-known and well-loved poet and broadcaster Roger McGough — accompanied by LITTLe MaCHINe, firm Festival favourites who have supported headline poets in previous Causley Festivals.
Other highlights of this year’s Causley Festival ‘long weekend’ include:
* readings and talks — about Charles Causley, Launceston, poetry and other literary forms, art, current affairs, and nature
* practical writers’ workshops, for a number of writing genres — some with follow-up ‘salon’ reading sessions
* music performances — solo and group, across a range of styles and genres
* theatre productions, including puppetry
* cinema showings — mainstream commercial, and local films
* practical art workshops
* themed, guided walks around Launceston
* art exhibitions
* plus all-day and evening Saturday outdoor market with food, drink, music and more.
For a full listing of the 2018 Festival’s programme arranged by date and time, please CLICK HERE .
For a full listing of the 2018 Festival’s programme arranged by theme and type, please CLICK HERE .
You can see fuller details of each event or attraction through the above listing pages — and also book tickets from each individual sub-page. (Please note that some free events may still require booking.)
General information on booking for the Charles Causley Festival’s events
Tickets for the 2017 Festival are available online, by telephone and in person. You can book from:
* The Cornish Riviera Box Office (CRBO), online: CLICK HERE to go that external website, and then scroll down for the specific event’s date.
* The Launceston Tourist Information Centre (TIC): White Hart Arcade, Broad Street, Launceston, PL15 8AA. The TIC’s usual opening hours are 9.00am-5.00pm Mondays through Fridays, and 10.00am-4.00pm Saturdays. Tel.: 01566 772321. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org . To visit the Launceston Town tourism website, please CLICK HERE . Tickets purchased through the TIC can be also be posted (at cost, and if time allows), or they can be held there for collection.
Tickets may also be sold on the door at the venues, for many events — but this is subject to availability.
Please note that all ticket prices are inclusive of any booking fees — and also that some free events need to be booked in the normal manner, in order to reserve your place.
And finally, “Watch this space! ” — for more news and general updates about the 2018 Festival’s programme.